By the end of 2019, it’s projected that 80% of all internet traffic will be video. With numbers like 90% of customers say videos help them make buying decisions, and 64% of clients often buy a product online after watching a video about it, it’s impossible to deny how important video is.
Here are some tips for adding video into your marketing.
- Be attention-grabbing: Aim to grab viewers’ attention in the first 3 seconds. If you don’t captivate your audience in those first 3 seconds, they’ll keep scrolling. Try adding an eye-catching title card, too.
- Loop your video: Since videos on Instagram loop automatically, there’s an opportunity to be very creative by purposefully making your video loop seamlessly.
- Add captions: Oftentimes, a consumer is scrolling through Facebook or Instagram with the sound off. Give them a chance to still watch the video by adding captions or making sure that the video can still be understood without sound.
- Offer Sneak Peaks: Videos are a great place to get consumers excited about something upcoming. Give a sneak peak of a new product and have your video link to a landing page to learn more.
- Use your customers: With their permission, use your customers for testimonials or reviews. Not only are you getting user-generated content, but your fans will more likely trust the testimonial if it’s coming from an authentic fan.
- Keep them short: Videos should be short and to the point. Try to stick to between 30-60 seconds for every video.
- Pay attention to your platforms: You’ll have different maximum time lengths depending on what platform you use. Keep in mind the maximum time, and dimensions while creating content.
- Post native videos: If you plan on posting a video on Facebook, upload the video straight into Facebook instead of sharing the Youtube link. Studies show that native videos perform 10x better on Facebook when compared to YouTube links.
- Stay trendy: Videos come and go so quickly on social media that they can get buried. Try to stay up-to-date and relevant. The more engagement you can get, the better.
- Use professionals: Nothing is worse than sharing poor quality content. Let a video production team help make your vision come to life.
Need help learning how to stay trendy? Read our other blog post here!